Courage to Teach® at Dominican University of California is directed by Professor Margaret Golden. The program is made affordable to teachers by a generous grant from the Kalliopeia Foundation.
Courage to Teach:
- renews heart, mind, and spirit through the exploration of the inner landscape of a teacher’s life.
- reconnects to one’s identity and integrity—identifying and honoring gifts and strengths, and acknowledging limits.
- creates a context for careful listening and deep connection that also honors diversity in person and profession.
- helps educators create safe spaces and trusting relationships in their schools, with their students and colleagues, and within their communities.
- Explores the connection between attending to the inner life of educators and the renewal of public education.